Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fort Myers

April 15-May 24. We arrived back in Florida and stopped on the way to Ft. Myers to pick up some of our belongings and the mail at Sandy's mother's. It was great to get back to Ft. Myers and actually be able to unpack everything!!

On Friday we drove up to Siesta Key to visit with some relatives: Sandy's mother, June, and his brothers and sister and spouses: John and Diane, Scott and Amy, and Linda and Jay. We had a great visit and a lovely day for the beach.
A week later Sandy drove up to June's to drive her north for the summer. He then flew home from Albany. They had a great drive and nice visit with his sister, Gail and husband, Dale, in Virginia.

I took a couple of days when he was away and visited my mother in Largo. While I was there my brother flew down from Toronto to also visit her and then we all picked up Sandy at the airport and came back down to Ft. Myers. Bruce hadn't been there before. We a very relaxing visit. We read, swam, and did some sightseeing. We all enjoyed the Calusa Nature Center where we took a tour and saw our first albino raccoon. And Bruce enjoyed his short trip to the Edison Estates.














A week later our good friends, George and Carol McGeehan, from college, came to visit for a few days. We hadn't seen them in a couple of years so we had a lot of catching up to do. One night we went to the Fort Myers Beach for dinner and saw the moon rise. We also saw a great example of how our Florida frogs blend into the pastel color of the house. Another day we took a trip to Pine Island and visited an area where the Calusa Indians lived. There we saw many osprey. George and Sandy played golf and we all just enjoyed visiting. We hope they come back to visit us again in the winter.




























I started taking golfing lessons which I've enjoyed so far. I have 2 more to take in October.

I also started taking yoga which I love. I'm hoping to get Sandy to do it with me. All those positions and stretches are great for everyone!

Next post: Summer in New England.

No comments: